Last modified: 2017-12-12
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.ocyvision.com (the “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect or you provide us:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Western Biotech offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Western Biotech or its affiliates; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website. Please refer to those respective websites for their privacy policies.
This Policy applies to your use of the Website for any purpose, including, but not limited to, purchasing Western Biotech’s products and services. This Policy is subject to change by Western Biotech (referred to as “us”, “we”, or “our” as the context may require) at our sole discretion. Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with the Policy, your choice is not to use our Website. By accessing or using the Website, you agree to this Policy. We may make changes to this Policy by posting a notice of change on the Website or by informing you of the change via appropriate means of communication; most likely, through electronic-mail (“email”) communication. Your continued use of the Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of and agreement to those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age, in accordance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If you are under 13 years of age, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of the features on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including, but not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will take all reasonable steps to delete that information from our database (or advise our third-party partners or service providers to do so). If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 years of age without the requisite parental consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information does Western Biotech collect?
And how do you collect it?
Information you provide us:
Personal Identifiable Information
Personal Identifiable Information (also commonly referred to as “PII”) is the type information, which may be used to identify and/or contact you online or offline.
- When you create your My Account. The information you provide Western Biotech on or through the Website when you open an account with us. Such information, generally, includes your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth and payment information, such as credit card information. Our third-party payment processor will collect, store and process your payment information on our behalf using industry-standard security measures. The third-party payment processors we use abide by specific security requirements and regulatory provisions mandated by federal and state laws. We do not store any credit card information, nor do we share your credit card information with anyone except the third-party payment processors we work with.
- When you purchase a product or service from us. The information you provide us when you place an order for your contact lenses or use any other service that Western Biotech may provide on or through the Website. In addition to the information you provide when you create your My Account, the additional information you provide when making an order may include your contact lens prescription (including any other information relevant to your prescription), and the name and contact information of your prescriber.
- When you fill forms on the Website. The information you provide us which is not used to create My Account, make a purchase or use a service on or through the Website. This type of information may include, but is not limited to, information you provide us for receiving updates regarding your order, signing for receiving newsletters from us, promotional material or any other information from Western Biotech, posting in any user forum provided on the Website, responding to a contest offered on the Website, responding to surveys that Western Biotech may request you to complete for research purposes, or searching on the Website.
- When you contact us. The information you provide us when you contact us through the Website or via email with your inquiries, to report a problem or for any other reason.
- When you contribute to the Website. The information you provide us on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we maintain security protocols on the Website, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. We will try our best, but we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. Please be cautious when sharing your User Contributions. If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
Information we automatically collect:
Non- Personal Identifiable Information
Non-PII information is, generally, the aggregated statistical data that about users of the Website that cannot be used to identify and/or contact you online or offline.
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including, but not limited to:
- Website usage. Information regarding your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Device information. Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (not the delicious kind most of us love). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies improve your shopping experience, by helping us keep track of your order as you shop at the Website, recognize previously registered users of the Website, and help us serve you better by improving the Website, as well as our services.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain of our products and services and verifying system and server integrity).
Western Biotech does not collect PII automatically, but we may associate the automatically collected information with PII you provide to us. This use of your information helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service to you, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our customer size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize My Account or other aspects the Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
Information we collect from third parties:
- Information from your prescriber. Your contact lens prescriber may share your prescription information with us to help us complete your order. Please remember, we are required by law to contact your prescriber to verify your prescription. Please see our Terms of Service and FAQs available on our Website for information on the verification process.
We do not control the third parties, or their tracking technologies or how the third parties may use there tracking technologies beyond what they share with us. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. To opt-out of such sharing and use of your information, please refer to “How Can I Control The Disclosure Of My Information?” below.
How does Western Biotech use my information?
We use information that you provide us or we collect about you:
- To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill your order.
- To verify and confirm your order
- To provide you with notices about your order and your My Account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer on or provide though the Website.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Website.
- To send you our newsletters or notices regarding our products, services, contests, surveys, promotions, and other informational or promotional (Western Biotech’s products and services only, unless notified to you in advance) content.
- To respond to your questions, comments, or feedback.
- To track and analyze our users’ interactions with the Website.
- To comply with law.
Does Western Biotech Share My Information With Others?
Western Biotech may disclose PII that you provide us or we collect from you as described in this Policy only:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. Some of these third parties may include, but are not limited to, delivery services, payment processors, website hosting service, data analytics service, or website maintenance service.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Western Biotech’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Western Biotech about the Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” or “refer a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- To your prescriber for verification of your prescription.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us to you when you provide the information.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service (available on our Website) and any other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes, that we may provide to you on or through the Website.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Western Biotech, our customers, or others.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To third party marketers and advertisers to market their products or services which we feel may be of interest to you or to deliver on our behalf Western Biotech advertisements to you on other websites you visit. We contractually require these third parties to keep all personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. You may opt-out of these disclosures as set forth below.
Western Biotech may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, i.e., non-PII, without restriction.
How Can I Control The Disclosure of My Information?
Western Biotech strives to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us or we collect from you. It is your information and you should be able to control how you share it. To help you provide control over your information, you may use the following mechanisms:
- Opt-out of Targeted Advertising. We may share your information with third party advertisers who collect and use information about your visits to the Website and other websites to market products or services which may be of interest to you. This may also include deliver on our behalf Western Biotech advertisements to you on other websites you visit.
To learn more about targeted advertising and to opt-out of this form of advertising on your web browser from our advertising partners who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out sections on the websites of each of those organizations. Please visit these at:
- Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”)
- Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”)
- Opt-out of Promotional Offers from Western Biotech. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Opt-out of Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do you keep my data secure?
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and other information will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. (We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.)
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. Western Biotech is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
We Are Almost Done Here, Two More Things
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to email@example.com.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org